How to assemble your cup style rain chain:
- Remove cups and wires from packaging.
- The wires on the bottom of the cups are fixed. The connecting wires that attach to the top of each cup are separate.
- Remove the small threaded nuts from a connecting wire (skip this step if your chain does not come with threaded nuts).
- Feed the wire through the small holes in the top of the cup.
- Reattach the nuts, threading them firmly onto the wire. This will be your first cup. (We recommend using Loctite® Blue adhesive)
- To attach the second cup, feed another wire through the wire at the bottom of the first cup.
- Remove the nuts from the wire.
- Feed the wire through the small holes in the top of the second cup.
- Replace the nuts at the end of the wire.
- Repeat this process until your rain chain has reached your desired length.
Loctite® Blue adhesive is recommended for the nuts to stay permanently, especially in windy or cold locations, and for longer than 10-foot lengths of rain chain. Loctite® is available at any hardware or home improvement store. This product will secure the nut, but it will still be removable.